My Friend
Lament is my
companion, my friend
Love, a passing yet lasting burden.
I have loved, I have
seen the smile
that forged a beating
heart from steal.
I know it to this
day, that love that aches,
that burns and boils.
That love
that goes unpublished
therefore unreturned.
Lament is my
companion, my friend.
I have looked into
eyes that grinned,
that knew my core.
They
never saw my shame,
my sorrow at
having lost their
daily glimpse. They
never saw the sting
brought on
by knowing their beauty
no more.
Lament is my
companion, my friend.
I have heard the
sound of beauty,
a voice cherished.
The spoken word
had never known such
prestige, such
guiding elegance. A
dance of tone and rhythm
never to be heard
again. Not by me; no
more music for my
heart to dance to.
Lament is my
companion, my friend.
Absence is all that
is left; no more
warmth of contact, of
convergence. Within,
the burning love a
pyre of anguish. Without, the
body aches will the
chilled bite of regret
upon every sight,
upon every sound,
upon every thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment