Growing tired, ill with fatigue.
Fatigued by the indifference that
Lies in the hearts of a society which
Turns away from the responsibilities
It has. A society that grows indignant
Upon looking in the mirror I have spent
So long holding up, my spirit aches.
This painful burden is one I took upon
Myself. I was not asked, and never am
I thanked. For to show me gratitude
Would be to validate all that I have said,
All that I say, and all that I will say. To
Validate my claims, my accusations, is to
Admit failings and flaws too horrific.
Do I know more or better then all? Nay,
I surrender to the truth so that I may
See it. I kneel down before accountability
And reason and await for their instruction.
I do not pray, I do not ask for guidance. I
Do not give thanks. I do not do what I do
For the glory of anyone or anything.
I do not blame. Nor point fingers at others
For my own faults, failings, misdeeds, or
Pain. Yes, I did these things once, but have
Allowed cognizant evolution to do its work.
In my hubris I once thought myself beyond
Reachable heights for lesser mortals. Now, in
Humility I cry the echoes of truth from a hole.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment